3/03/2017

Radishes Green Pesto

During the past months I have engaged not only in organic vegan foods but also in local foods. I really love the idea of my food growing in the close proximity. The thought of it strengthens me and backs me up. The talks I have with the farmers at the market, which have a lot of struggle with the cold weather and care more about their veggies than themselves, warms my heart. I realize how much I take the foods in the supermarket for granted. Without knowing where my veggies come from I try to go back to my roots and I have captured a lot of thoughts in my new book VEGIONAL which is going to be published in April. With my new book I would like to remind you and myself of the treasure of local foods and its wealth and variety. A new journey full of ideas. Sometimes we don't need the flown in foods. It only takes a bunch of radishes to change your vantage point...

Makes 1 glass of pesto.

Ingredients:
a bunch of radishes
1/3 + 1 tbsp. olive oil
1 big garlic clove
1/2 cup cashews
2 tbsp. yeast flakes
salt, pepper

Cut off the radishes green and wash thorough under cold water. Dry the leafs and put them in a mixer with olive oil, garlic, cashews, yeast flakes. Blend as soft as you want the consistence to be. Spice with salt and pepper.

Have fun with the recipe and have a colorful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Instagram